Majestic Segovia and the Spanish Versailles: Half Day Trip
Visit the Alcázar of Segovia and taste Segovia's culinary specialties and wine tasting. Tour provided by City Secreto.
- Time: 10:00—17:30 (7.5h)
- Meeting point: Plaza del Callao
- Day: Wednesday and Saturday
What will you discover?
An hour north of Madrid and altitude of 1000 meters lies the picturesque and magical town of Segovia. The famous Alcazar Castle located on a cliff overlooking rivers and green fields has become the inspiration in Walt Disney's films.
We will begin our journey during Spain's glorious days in the “La Granja” Gardens complex, which is also called the "Spanish Versailles Gardens" including dozens of ornamental pools, fountains and greenery brought to the palace from all over the world.
The second part of the tour will take place in the Ancient City of Segovia where we will find one of the world's largest aqueducts. From there we will continue to the main market square, the last Gothic Cathedral built in Spain and the old Jewish quarter.
During the tour we will stop for a wine tasting and get to eat the local dessert that is particularly famous for being the Spanish queen's favorite. From there we will continue to the highlight of the city, the Royal Palace - the Alcazar.
At the citadel we will visit the many magnificent halls. When we step outside, we will discover the higher bell tower from which you can reimagine Rapunzel's braid dangling down just waiting for the prince to climb it - it will be a magical fairy tale trip!
Our secret recipe for your perfect experience
• Taste Segovia's culinary
specialties and wine tasting
• Visit the Jewish museum & Alcázar of Segovia
• Transportation by air-conditioned coach with free WI-FI onboard
• Panoramic sightseeing in Segovia
• Visit local cheese workshop
• Learn about the Segovia's history and most impressive monuments with a local guide
What to bring & important info:
• Guidance, transportation, a visit to La Granja Gardens, Site entrances to the Jewish museum & Alcázar of Segovia, Local dessert, Cheese and wine tasting.
• This tour will have a minimum of 10 travelers.
• Wheelchair accessible.
• Price per adult: 72€ price per child (5—12): 54€.
• Free cancellation up to 24 hours before tour starts.
• Our tours respect all COVID-19 restrictions in Madrid: use of face mask and maintaining physical distance are obligatory along the tour.
Love your privacy?
• The tour can also be booked privately.
What to bring:
• Mobile or Printed Voucher (received instantly after booking).
• Comfortable shoes and lots of good vibes.
• Passport or ID card for children under 18 or seniors above 65.