Magical Toledo: Half Day Trip from Madrid with culinary tasting
Discover the glorious days of the Spanish Empire and enjoy a workshop of the famous Toledo marzipan known all throughout Spain. Tour provided by City Secreto.
- Time: 10:00—17:30 (7.5h)
- Meeting Point: Plaza del Callao
- Day: Sunday, Tuesday, Friday
What will you discover?
Less than an hour away from Madrid, you can discover the glorious days of the Spanish Empire. Its capital, the city of Toledo, served as a cultural and spiritual location for Jews, Muslims and Christians who lived in coexistence.
The tour will take you on a journey back in time to the 15th century, and most notably for the year graved in the history books as a year in which three world-changing events took place:
The expulsion of Spanish Jews, the end of the Catholic conquest ("Reconquista") and the discovery of America by Columbus, that made Spain an empire in which the sun always shines.
As part of the tour, we will enter the city through the Ancient City walls, overlook the longest river in Spain (Tajo), visit the synagogues, the Gothic Cathedral and learn what is left from all the different religions and cultures before the Spanish Expulsion.
During the tour, we will stop to taste local cheeses and enjoy a workshop of the famous Toledo marzipan known all throughout Spain. You will hear stories and listen to music that will take you back in time - it will be a day trip that will stay with you for years to come!
Our secret recipe for your perfect experience
• Panoramic sightseeing in Toledo.
• Visit marzipan local workshop.
• Learn about the Toledo's history and most impressive monuments with a local guide.
• Taste Toledo's culinary specialties.
• Visit Toledo's Sword Factory.
• Transportation by air-conditioned coach with free WI-FI onboard.
What to bring & important info:
• The tour includes transportation, site entrances, marzipan workshop, cheese tasting and guidance.
• This tour will have a minimum of 10 travelers.• On Sundays the tour will include a visit to Madrid’s flea market “El Rastro”.
• Price per adult: 65€ price per child (5—12): 48€.
• Free cancellation up to 24 hours before tour starts.
• Our tours respect all COVID-19 restrictions in Madrid: use of face mask and maintaining physical distance are obligatory along the tour.
Love your privacy?
• The tour can also be booked privately.
What to bring:
• Mobile or Printed Voucher (received instantly after booking).
• Comfortable shoes and lots of good vibes.
• Passport or ID card for children under 18 or seniors above 65.